Sunday, December 14, 2008

Richard L. Brady (1937-2008)

My Dad passed last week (Dec 12th). The whole family flew home to Portland and arrived the evening of the 11th. Dad had been in the hospital for 3 days already. I was able to be there with him and was able to talk to him about his favorite topics,(fishing, Blazers, etc). Earlier in the year, he was diagnosed with pulminary fibrosis and I guess it finally got to him. This was a bit sudden, but the whole family was able to be by his side. Dad was one of the most sincere and kind people you could ever meet. He loved his family more than anything and everyday of his life put his kids and wife before himself. He was a supportive and loving father. No one could deny his love for children. I can't imagine a better father. Growing up he was my coach, my best friend, my fishing pal, my Daddy, I love you Dad. . .

A memorial service is being held at Rolling Hills Community Church on Saturday, Dec.20th at 11am (3550 SW Borland Rd Tualatin, OR 97062) All are welcome.


9 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

We all loved your Dad so much. He was an absolutely incredible father and person. We are so sorry for your loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love,

the Hansens

Carlia said...

that was a beautiful commentary. and i love the second picture! my heart goes out to your family.

Aj Higgins said...

Dain shared the news of your father's passing. He sounds like a wonderful man and the few times I have spent around you - you are a great tribute to him and his love. My prayers are with you and your family.

Dain's aunt Aleta

(PS:I am sure your new little one to come will have an extra special spirit after having spent some time with your Dad before coming to your family.)

Aaron Rust said...

Pat,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Your father was a wonderful man, very supportive of everything you did. Much love, The Rusts

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful blessing to have such an amazing father and hero!

We will be praying for you and your family,

Love,
Chanelle & Chad Coppel

Angela said...

Pat, I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away.  I will never forget his thoughfullness.  He always put his arm around you and asked how you were doing.  His support with family and friends was was always there.  He was a great friend to our family.  IF you need anything, please let me know.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!  Jimmy and fam!

Amber said...

I was shocked and saddened to learn of your dad's death. I have MANY great memories of him. He was very dedicated to his children. I remember when Erin and I wanted to play winter soccer. He did all the research and got it all lined up and drove us out to NE Portland many times for practices. He was awesome. He easily had conversations with anyone and made everyone feel important. He will be so missed! Please send my love to your mom and siblings!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

That was a beautiful post, Pat. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. May you and your family find some peace in the quiet moments of reflection and love during this time.
Much love,
Laurel and Ian Johnston

Wendy said...

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. We remember Pat sharing so many stories about his dad and what a terrific man he was. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Love to you!